2809 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maria_Robertson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! I’m new to Airtable and am loving it so far.

I’m creating a database for online resources, aiming to be shared public, read-only.

But I’d like to know if it’s possible to have anyone create their own Personal Views on it? Mainly for Galleries
Is it doable, or does it require further steps, such as anyone who visits has to become a collaborator?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Maria_Robertson,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically yes, to be able to have a Personal View you have to be a collaborator on the base.

How will you share it? As the full Base Read Only or a specific View Read Only? If it is the full base, then they can see all the data and change between the Views, if it is only a View then they will be limited to this view only. However, they can use the filters and so on to set up their own “view” temporarily, i.e. it is not a View it is just them looking at the data the way they want without saving what they did as a view (if that makes sense).

If this helps you, please mark it as a Solutions so others can see it.

BR,
Mo

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Maria_Robertson,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically yes, to be able to have a Personal View you have to be a collaborator on the base.

How will you share it? As the full Base Read Only or a specific View Read Only? If it is the full base, then they can see all the data and change between the Views, if it is only a View then they will be limited to this view only. However, they can use the filters and so on to set up their own “view” temporarily, i.e. it is not a View it is just them looking at the data the way they want without saving what they did as a view (if that makes sense).

If this helps you, please mark it as a Solutions so others can see it.

BR,
Mo