Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

+1 … Will help organizing

1 Like

+1 Needed badly. Folders, Sub Folders, folder level permission. lack of organization limits usability. I find myself creating redundant views, its easier to create a new one than referencing a built out one.

1 Like

+1 please add this feature soon. The better Airtable gets, the more bases we have, the more organization is needed!

1 Like

This topic is three years old, can’t believe this still hasn’t been done :skull:

2 Likes

An absolute MUST. AIRTABLE is getting SO good, that more organization is Needed. I am currently using color codes, but it is getting Messy. Please fix this!!!

1 Like

Airtable is wonderful, but this is something basic that it should have. Please make this change for us! thanks

1 Like

I desperately need something similar for my views!! I need to create a product database for over 8,000 products with 300 product types, and even more sub product types. All this will be accomplished by creating separate views based on product type. I need a folder directory in my view side bar!!

I have used Airtable for a while through third-parties and I just recenlty signed up.

The fact that this feature request has been up for so long leads me to believe that they won’t implement this feature. The reason being that they seem to want you to use Workspaces to do organization… that’s how it was designed, so much in fact, that they felt like adding this message when creating one:

So if you want some semblance of organization, you better be ready to pay for it.

Disappointed.

1 Like

Why is this not a thing yet? It seems like such a simple thing compared to other features that have been added since we signed on. PLEASE give us some organizational features aside from just creating new workspaces. As a small nonprofit, we can’t justify the cost of paying for more workspaces just to organize our bases.

1 Like

It really needs it now.
Please make this work. That’s not a big deal at all.

This would be SO helpful. I’m also finding a few of my workspaces to be quite overwhelming.

+1 for this important organizational feature.

PLEEEEEASEEEE Airtable add this feature, it is making our workspace really hard to navigate. We already pay a lot for the workspace as a charity with nearly 30 users, there is no way we can afford another workspace, but have over 100 bases and it’s getting really messy. Folders and ability to password protect some bases please please please!

1 Like

The lack of folders is VERY discouraging for the mind attempting to focus. It also makes myself and others not want to use the platform as much. Please airtable stop all other feature developments and add this now. :sweat_smile:

We need folders! It is unsustainable for smaller organizations to keep on creating new workspaces in order to keep bases organized. We have one project that needs 50 bases, but it wouldn’t make sense to have 5 different workspaces for each of them. I’m begging you, please create this feature :pray:

1 Like

+100000 for this! Please come through for us Airtable (as you have so many times before)!

1 Like

+++ for this, please Airtable bring it home on this one!!. Permissions and sharing too on the folders would be game changing.
The uses for shareable folders are endless:

• archive unused bases
  • separate client resources
  • separate internal resources
  • separate project folders

I think it would be reasonable to protect this feature on a paid plan and even to limit the number of folders to 20 or something as to not erode the core “per workspace” business model.

2 Likes

I’ve wanted workspace base management for years - so much so that I actually wrote to Airtable support with a feature enhancement request a couple of weeks ago. Now that I’ve done this, no doubt that we’ll see this update with the next round of Airtable updates. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is something that seems trivial to implement, but is probably much harder than most (me included) think. With that said, I would think something like organizing bases would be a priority in a collaborative platform. This needs to happen.

2 Likes

+1 on folder functionality, why isn’t this being done?