Ability to View Uploaded files/mass download attachments

I would love to have a place where I can manage all the files that are attached to my base. Similarly, I could then attach the same document/image to multiple records without having to re-upload every time.

Ability to download attachments
Download Column or Row Attachment Fields into Zip Files
BULK IMAGE DOWNLOADER and RENAMER using excel vba
Download All Attachments in Particular Field?

Agreed - if there was a view that was a list of all attachments with checkboxes to select what you want to download or zip and download!

My request is similar to this, but slightly different. I would like the ability to batch download attachments from different records in the same table. Basically, I have a table that has several pdfs for each record and I would like to be able to select multiple records and download all the attachments in one go.

I find needing to downloading all of my files from time to time and having the ability to batch download an entire column could help.

With this feature, I can imagine also creating a base strictly for files in which I could download either a column of similar attachment types or a row of attachments for a specific record.

Hi - I would love to see the feature when we download the spreadsheet, that it also downloads the photos/attachments with it. I’ve searched and looks like no one has requested this yet.

People have the same concern as yours in other discussion. Ability to download attachments

This is a link to this same discussion?

Perhaps he meant this discussion, which isn’t exactly the same topic, but related? Or perhaps he meant this one. At any rate, I think I’m going to consolidate all of these threads into one.

Perfect, Thank you. Do you have any idea if there are plans to do this and allow downloading of attachments when downloading a base? I was told at one point that was going to be a future feature. Any updates would be appreciated.

Do you have any idea if there are plans to do this and allow downloading of attachments when downloading a base? I was told at one point that was going to be a future feature. Any updates would be appreciated.

Jasmine

in the mean time, just use a bulk image downloader

Such as extreme picture finder

http://www.exisoftware.com/

Airtable just uses amazonS3 + Amazon EC2 technology for uploads on their subdomain (dl.airtable.com)

I will post a how -to-guide to do this later in “Share and Showcase” when I have time

Can you just copy and paste the attachment column cell contents from an exported csv into that software?

Is there an update from Airtable on this feature being built in?

Thanks

That does not keep the photo with the cell though does it? It just downloads all the files separately. I’d like a thumbnail of the entire photo in the cell.

yes, i totally agree. i ran into the same problem today.

if you send all rows with images to yourself as an email, and let the html images load, you can then copy and paste the entire email into excel including the thumbnails.

I would still love to see a bulk download feature of all the images.

Just discovered a pretty handy Google Chome Extension! It just saved me HOURS of downloading a ton of audio files. However, I did have to briefly play them for the extension to pick it up. But that, combined with a bulk renamer (link below), I am a happy camper!!

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

Would love to see a native capacity to do this.

The bulk media downloaders don’t seem to recognize the *.stl file type that I am using. There may be some settings that I could tweak, but I don’t have time to futz around with them. I ended up exporting as csv, opening the spreadsheet, copying the urls and pasting them into a Chrome extension called “Open Multiple Urls”. This extension searches through the pasted text to find valid urls and opens them. I really like the filter feature. Then the urls that were file links auto-downloaded.

The workaround I use is using wget. It takes a little work but if you download CSV which contains the download URLs, you can write a BASH/BAT file to download from a listing. Doesn’t make since if you have 20 files, but makes a ton of sense if you have 200 files.

Export to CSV; break up columns if have multiple files, unpivot, write a command line, use wget.