Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

+1

Have to say this is a dealbreaker for us. Most forms will require the use of conditional logic to remain intuitive.

5 Likes

+1 - need conditional logic

5 Likes

Yes, please, please, please!!!

4 Likes

I created an entire form before getting to the point where I found out you don’t have conditional logic on these forms. Bummer for me

Luckily it’s 1 of 8 so I didn’t get too far into the work, but I’d use this for every show I do if the forms had conditional logic abilities. Bummer for you. I hate the Podio interface, but it’s much more customizable and intuitive on the back end. Your UI is great, but the simple features for forms are lacking

2 Likes

+1, we absolutely need conditional logic to use forms.

It would make Airtable substantially more valuable to us if we didn’t have to hack things together using Google Forms / Typeform and could instead rely solely on Airtable.

6 Likes

Absolutely agree that conditional is needed.

3 Likes

Would love to see this! This has been a part of Google Forms for so long now. If/then statements are extremely valuable!

2 Likes

+1 here as well. Whewe ask people outside our company to provide information, that information needs to be able to be categorized through some conditional questions

2 Likes

Adding my vote for this feature, it would be a game changer!

1 Like

This is a super high-impact feature for our workflow and for our clients – we hope to see this feature soon!

Please consider adding this feature! I’ve been trying to convert my whole team over to AirTable but many folks still prefer using Google because their forms have conditional forms :confused:

1 Like

Adding to the chorus of voices asking for conditional logic. That would make me much happier with Airtable!

2 Likes

Sometimes you see your entry in a gallery and it has no Value on certain field.
Does it mean, that you hide those field for certain records and not for others in the same table?

2 Likes

Echoing the need for conditional logic in forms!

3 Likes

You should check your entry in a grid view to make certain there is a value entered in that field… Gallery views treat some field types differently than grids do, so there is a chance that, say, embedded line feeds have pushed the value onto a lower line than currently displayed — but, frankly, such issues are rare and almost impossible to cause accidentally. If you do have an instance where a valid value is not appearing in a particular view, you should email support@airtable.com with a link to the base in question. (You can find info on how to report issues and share bases with Support here.)

2 Likes

I want to see this too.

This feature is a no-brainer… count me in for another request for this to be added. It would also allow us to create a form validation via math logic e.g. “What’s 7+8?” since CAPTCHA or other from validation to weed out bots is also missing. Validation is a highly requested feature a well.

Just wanted to mention there is a way to implement conditional logic in grid views using linked records. While it doesn’t address the issue with form views, it might be of use to some readers who stumble across this post while searching for ‘conditional logic’.

2 Likes

We really. really. really. need this.

We use airtable for company processes and this would be a game changer.

1 Like

Throwing in with everyone else! I’ve got to have some better organization through conditional logic in forms. This is so high impact, and would make my job of converting my team to Airtable way easier.