cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodolphe_Rodolp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I’m trying to put automatically as primary field the name of the forms where the data came from but I can’t find a way to allow that, even if with formula.
Someone have an idea how to that?

Here data from my table:
Table name:
Table1

Compose by these views:
Grid view
Order form
Incident form
Purchase form
Ask money back form

I want to display the name of each form on the “Grid view” as primary field. Is that possible to allow it without to ask the user to field this name on the form?

5 Replies 5
Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

The closest I’ve gotten is a prefilled form with the selection limited to one option. And one form for each option type.
Like this: https://airtable.com/embed/shrYmkjobI0mFnVzo?prefill_Tags=Gains

Here is the support article:

5f73751092c6afb3485d0dfe997b3809227f5002.png

Prefilling a form

When making an Airtable form, you can use prefill_ parameters in the URL of the form to prefill specific fields. Find the URL for the form you wish to prefill. Once you get the form URL, you can ...

Rodolphe_Rodolp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks @Mac for your quick response!
Yeah I seen this. It works but I not 100% happy with it.
I would like to not display this kind of information to user of the form. So I’m looking for another way.

I hear you! The other option is trying to cobble something together in Zapier. @openside might have some insights on this.

Good luck! I’ll be watching this thread, I have the same problem with my forms!

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Rodolphe_Rodolphe / @Mac - if using Airtable forms, I’ll often use the prefill feature and rename the label of the field to something like ‘Internal Use Only - do not modify’ so that people know not to mess with it. Obviously not ideal, and one of the reasons we went looking for a better approach and found that with Jotform (https://jotform.com). We have an integration plugin for that to be able to access your Airtable data from within your jotform which allows for a ton more functionality with your forms.

Its currently in beta - so anyone interested feel free to reach out at support@openside.com and we can provide more details.

Thanks for posting this @Mac — I know it’s not ideal to have an extra form question for users, but it really helped me out today. Thanks!