cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
E_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Have anyone tried this script yet?
When I run it with Map address field populated by lat, long in degrees separated by comma (exactly how I use same for other maps), the script adds some attachment to every record but them removes it.
In the end of the day, the attachment field instead of having pictures remains empty for every record.

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

This is probably an indication of either this bug, or the map URLs are not openly public.

Thank you Bill, I’ve got this response from support team:

For this script to work, you will need to enable the “Maps Static API” for your Google Maps API key. Once you enable that API for your key, it should work! This issue has been raised before so our engineering team is currently working on getting this information into the script description itself.

That makes sense - the API is needed to expose the addresses to the maps. But, this can create some costs as outlined here. Caution is advised.

E_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I now have the same problem with this script. Although Map Static API is enabled, the behavior is the same - an image is attached, but then removed.
Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks, that solved it for me, very helpful! The Maps extension (not image from Google Maps Script) provides detailed instructions how to do this.