Jim_Brown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I want to create multiple forms to gather contacts for different reasons -

• Subscribers who want our newsletter
  • Those who want to download our resource
  • Those who fill out our profile form

All of the forms capture Name, Email and then they have different fields.

I want to keep all these contacts in the same table. I was hoping to have one table with 3 different form views. The issue is, I want to track how each contact came in, and I can’t figure out how to tag the submitted responses by the form they submitted. Instead, I have these split across different tables and I manually tag each, then copy/paste new responses into a master list. Am I missing something obvious here? I keep all the tables structured the same so the copy/paste to master is easy.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Jim_Brown!

You might be better off creating one unified form, and then conditionally show/hide the other fields based on the options that the user selects.

If you want to stick with separate forms, Airtable does not have any built-in way of letting you know which form the submission came from. You could take the approach that you’re already taking, and then automate the copying & pasting of records from one table to another.

Or, one of the most common workarounds is to just add a field to your form that is required to be filled in, but make sure that that field is unique to that form. So, the presence of a value in that field would indicate which form was submitted.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Jim_Brown!

You might be better off creating one unified form, and then conditionally show/hide the other fields based on the options that the user selects.

If you want to stick with separate forms, Airtable does not have any built-in way of letting you know which form the submission came from. You could take the approach that you’re already taking, and then automate the copying & pasting of records from one table to another.

Or, one of the most common workarounds is to just add a field to your form that is required to be filled in, but make sure that that field is unique to that form. So, the presence of a value in that field would indicate which form was submitted.

@ScottWorld Thanks! I’ll stick with this solution.

There is now an alternate approach to this with current Airtable automation features that allows you to distinguish between forms that use identical fields and without using a prefill.

You can create an automation using the "When a form is submitted" trigger. This trigger lets you identify a specific form to use for a subsequent action, like entering the name of a form into a field.