cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Les_Gros_Becs
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there!

I was wondering if there is any way to create new records in a table that is synced?

I use Airtable to keep track of projects that are happening in our theatre. Here’s how our workflow is built : our main base is called Operation (and it is the only one), in which we gather all the informations about our shows. Then different collaborators add new activities that are related to their department. One thing that is important to mention is that everyone is working in the same base and it is a mess, not to say a nightmare. When someone makes a mistake, it takes me some time to find what is going wrong to fix it. And so many views have been created that it is difficult to establish an effective work routine.

So I thought about making changes and I came up with the following idea : create separate bases for each department, in which all the informations about the shows would be synched, and then each staff member would be autonomous by creating and managing the activities related to their own department. For that to happen, they would need to create new records in the synced table. Is there any way that this could be possible? It would really improve our workflow.

Best,
David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are many different ways of doing this, but probably the easiest & quickest & simplest way to do this would be to simply create an Airtable form for them to fill out whenever they want to add a new record into the synced base.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There are many different ways of doing this, but probably the easiest & quickest & simplest way to do this would be to simply create an Airtable form for them to fill out whenever they want to add a new record into the synced base.

Thank you very much for your answer. I created 2 forms and I think it will fix my issue.

However, in one of my bases I have a script that needs to create events directly in the base. So I don’t think a form would work. Do you have any other recommandation? I am getting the following error when I try to run the extension :

Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 à 13.25.47

Thank you very much,
David

What I meant is to create a form inside your ORIGINAL base — the SOURCE BASE from which your Airtable Sync originates from. Then, your users will be adding new records directly into the original source base through a form.

If you still need to run a script after the form is submitted, then you can do that by setting up an Airtable Automation.