2639 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefano_Maffull
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m using Airtable to keep records of events all over the world. The events have a date and time attribute, with time in different time zones. I can’t find a way to add the TZ information to the time, it seems that the only option is to set all times to GMT which is very unfriendly.

I know there is way to set the timezone for a field using formulas but that doesn’t help me as I need individual records to have different time zones.

is there a way to set the timezone info in the individual fields+records?

3 Replies 3
Robert_Laing
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It’s not ideal, but I guess the easiest DIY solution is to add another field (maybe linked to another table with a list of timezones) where you specify the timezone of that record.

I thought about that but that doesn’t solve my use case, which requires exporting to table as iCal subscription for calendar applications.
I reverted to use GMT and ‘manually’ translate all the times of the events as there aren’t that many.

A little late, but say you have your timestamp saved in a column called {Date}, you could use an extra column (named {Timezone} in the example formula below) to save the time zone information; see the list of accepted time zones here:

Supported timezones for SET_TIMEZONE

The SET_TIMEZONE function will allow you to set the timezone for the data from a date type field. This is written in the form "SET_TIMEZONE(datetime, 'timezone identifier')," in which the...

Enter them without the quotation marks, and then add a column with this formula:
DATETIME_FORMAT(SET_TIMEZONE({Date},{Timezone}),‘YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm’)

Here’s an example base