Adding a search tool in datasheet

Hi there!

I’m looking to integrate a ‘search tool’ in my Airtable datasheet. Something similar to what google has. We are consolidating all our data at one place to standardize & streamline our workflows. So that whenever a teammate wants to know anything regarding the business, they just go to the search tool, search for it and the data gets fetched!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, @Ravi_Nagu!

I would check out Airtable’s search app:

3 Likes

Yep - a googly-like search capability would be ideal. But that is not the same as filtering.

Ideally, you want an inverted index that supports full-text queries to match the experience you get with Google. And getting that experience in Airtable is not easy - it requires an approach like this or this. This community thread might also give you some ideas.

2 Likes

We have advanced Search in our On2Air Amplify app. You can filter by field and customize what’s displayed. It also has multi-user permissions so you can set up the App to display records per user (follows Airtable permissions.)

4 Likes

The ability to search an entire workspace would be truly next level.

2 Likes

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.