1773 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patricio_Suarez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have already created a base for the artwork of an artist I’m working for. Over 3000 records so far. Most contain a photo of the artwork. This has been manually done so far from JPEGs residing in a Dropbox folder. I would love to make the current base look into this folder and compare the filename of the JPEGs to the filename in records. If in finds a new one, I want a new record to be created and the image uploaded. I have read and tried Integromat but are having problems having Integromat seeing my tables. Already trying to see what is happening there. Don’t think Zapier will work either. I am aware that this is a common request but I’m failing to find an answer. I am wondering if it is possible via API coding. I am not a programmer and would need to hire someone but wanted to know if this avenue was possible. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

You should be able to do this fairly easily with Zapier I think. Although it does say “Make sure the number of files/folders in the watched folder does not exceed 4000” which may be a problem for you.

You can definitely do it via the API.

Patricio_Suarez

Have been trying all afternoon with Zapier. What would seem like a very simple zap, is proving so frustrating. I setup my Zap to trigger when a new image is added to a folder. This should create a new record on a Table pulling the filename and the image. I test the Zap and it pulls the test file correctly. All good so far. I then run the Zap to pull the other files in the folder but I get a message that states that there are no new files in the folder. There are only about 20 files in the folder now. I have tried emptying the folder and placing the files inside again and renaming the files but I keep getting the message that it did not find new files. Don’t know what else to do.

58%20PM

Remove the files from the folder. Create an entirely new Zap. Test the Zap works. Turn it on. Then add the files back to the folder.

@David_Skinner Thank you so much. That worked.