Aesthetic customization of forms

Unless I’m missing something, there doesn’t seem to be a way to modify forms beyond adding or removing fields.

It would be great if we could make even basic HTML/CSS changes (background colour, alignment etc), add labels or at least be able to lay things out differently.

As a working example, I’d love to create a form for the first stage of a finance application. Part of this would require a table which would be filled out something like this:

Credit Card | $50 /month repayment | $3,000 balance
Personal Loan | $240 /month repayment | $15,000 balance

There are a minimum of 5 rows in this table that users must complete. With the current form restrictions that means adding 10 questions which is a LOT of scrolling and makes it feel very cumbersome:

If you have a credit card, what is the current balance?
$3,000

If you have a credit card, what is the minimum monthly repayment?
$50

And so on.

I’m currently trialling the pro version which does add some great features but this one still appears to be lacking.

Thanks!

16 Likes

I couldn’t agree more with you! :slight_smile:

Imagine having close to 50 SHORT fields to answer. Instead of having 50 vertical questions, if we could put 5 of them in the same row, it would bring us down to ONLY 10 rows of questions!

2 Likes

Where are we at with this Airtable? I am trying to directly capture data from a form on my website, but I don’t seem to be able to customise the style of the form? I would have thought this was a pretty basic feature request?

3 Likes

some basic customization of form displays is a must! The UI could be a simplified version of the Page Designer so users can set field widths, spacing, etc.

This will make AirTable users less reliant on Zapier and 3rd party apps

8 Likes

I 100% agree that this is a “must” feature

1 Like

Hi. May I know if we can change the color of the SUBMIT BUTTON from blue (standard) to say BLACK?

We built an advanced form for Airtable that allows you to have more control over your form design.