1430 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike_Farnan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to find the best way to secure my airtable. I will have a secured membership site. When someone is in the site I would simply want them to click on a button to access the airtable views. Since they already need a UN and PW to get to my membership site I do not want to make them create a new UN and PW to get to my airtable. I also am concerned that someone will give out their airtable UN and PW - giving others unauthorized access to the table.

I am hoping that there is someway I can give access to the airtable from my membership site. Can the button (link) from my membership site include an embedded
hidden UN and PW? if this was possible then the only way one could get access to the table is if they first entered my membership area. Is this something “scripting” can do?

I see there is an option to secure with domain and wondering if that is another possible answer to accomplish the same goal.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

I would check out Stacker.

Can you tell a little more about your use case? Do your users need to be able to edit Airtable data, or only view data? Do you need to limit the data they view to only their own records, or should they be able to to view all data? How are you including Airtable data in your website–an embedded view or some other method?

If your users need to be able to edit data and view only their own data, Stacker or MiniExtensions are probably your best bets right now.

If your users do not need to edit data, and it is okay of they view all of the data, an embedded view will work.

If your users do not need to edit data, and you want more styling than you can get with an embedded view, and you have a WordPress website, you can use the AirPress plug-in. If you combine the AirPress plug-in with a membership plug-in, you can also configure the website to show only data for the specific logged in user.

LukaszWiktor
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Mike_Farnan what service do you use for your membership site?

I am using click funnels.com

You could embed an Airtable view in your membership area in ClickFunnels.

In Airtable:

1. Click on Share view > Embed this view on your site

1. Copy the Embed code to clipboard

In ClickFunnels:

1. Open the lesson editor

1. Add Custom JS/HTML element

1. Click on the just added Custom JavaScript / HTML element

2. Click on Open Code Editor

1. Paste the Embed code from Airtable and close the code editor

1. Select “3rd Party Embed Codes” in Custom Code Type

2. Click Save in the lesson editor.

When you log in to your membership area then you’ll see the embeded Airtable view.

Neverthelss, embedding a view doesn’t guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Tech-savvy members may extract the view URL and share it outside of the membership area. And as you noticed, there is always the risk that they can just share their username and password.