Airtable and zapier re: VIEW

Hi there - I am trying to learn airtable and zapier integration with this common test case - if a date is use, zap an email.

Based on what I’ve read in the forum, to do that I need (1) to create a “view” report on airtable to list what’s due, (2) create a zap everytime a record is added on that airtable view, it push out an email.

My questions, since Zap will execute when a new record is added on “view”

1. will “it” work if I do not open my base table? “it” means will airtable update the “view” record daily even if I didn’t access (maybe bec I am on vacation for a week, and didn’t bring my laptop) the base table? If it does get updated automatically on the back-end, when does it get updated? Is it 1201 each morning? Is it batch mode? Just trying to figure out the update timing, so I know how best to use the integration with zap. Thank you.

Hi @Vickie_Lim,

Yes, Airtable will update in the “background”, it is cloud based and therefore it will update even if you dont open the base.

I dont know the frequency of the update, but it does seem to be instant if you are using NOW() in your formula.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.