Help

Airtable for Conference Attendee Management: Shared Link Viewable Only by Searched Name?

Topic Labels: Extensions
979 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachel_Alvarez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Greetings All,

Loving AirTable.

Is there a way to set up a view such that I could post a link in an email or website that people could click on, then search for their name, and see their relevant data, but not other people’s?

I know this is probably a stretch, but thought I should ask anyway. Trying to figure out the best way to let them confirm their own details (hotel, dates, meals, t-shirt sizing) in an automated way that doesn’t require me emailing each one of them. I know there is an email block, which I haven’t figured out how to implement yet, but I see it requires a SendGrid Account which I haven’t had a chance to look into yet.

Thanks for any assistance!

Rachel Alvarez
Cure CMD

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, Rachel! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Airtable’s native features don’t allow that kind of controlled, isolated view at this time (unless you like manually making individual views for each attendee).

Aside from using the SendGrid block (which I haven’t used yet, but which might work for your use case with their free account depending on how big of a list you’ve got), there are also integration services like Zapier and Integromat which can do the job. I use the former to send quick confirmation emails when people fill out an Airtable reservation form for an event I’m coordinating. It’s only a two-step zap, so it can be done with the free account. Either of those services would also work if all of your event attendees are already in your base and you want to send additional emails, though they each have data and action limits on the free accounts.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Our form extension generates an editing URL for each record in your table. You can use Airtable automation to email each individual their own unique URL to update their record.

There’s also an option to add a login page to your form. Which will allow the users to look up their records.