cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roman_Malynovsk
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, community :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m using Airtable and already had set up a scenario, where changes from Google Calendar events are applied to specific rows in Airtable.

Now I would like to set up a similar scenario from the Airtable side.
So when something changes in the row it triggers scenario and Google Calendar event would be updated.

First I built scenario:
Airtable (watch records) -> Google calendar (Update an event).
But it doesn’t work because I cannot provide Google Calendar Event ID :frowning:

So then I created such a scenario:
Airtable (watch records) -> Google calendar (Get events) -> Google calendar (Update an event).
So now it is successfully triggered when I change time in the Airtable, successfully finds the event in Google Calendar, but then it doesn’t process by the last module.

Снимок экрана 2019-05-23 в 16.16.05.png

Did somebody else here such scenarios to update an event from Airtable to Google Calendar?

4 Replies 4
Marc_Chenut

Hi Roman,

I am trying to do the exact same automation and I had the same issues as you.

Did you find a solution ?

Many thanks

Hi Marc,

Well yes.

Here is how current working process looks like:
Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 11.15.03

Here are details that I’m filling Google event with from Airtable:
Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 11.14.56

That was a year ago. I don’t remember all the details of the error.
Probably it was because of the filter from Get event to Update event.
Here is how I’m filtering them:
Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 11.18.15

I’ve created a field in Airtable which generated an auto number for every row in the table, and then I’ve connected it with Location field in calendar. As I’m not using this Location field - it serves for filtering those events from airtable which had changed.

Hi Roman! I know it was a while ago that you posted this response, but I’m wondering if it might be possible for you to share what you included in the other steps of this process? Specifically in the Iterator and Aggregator fields. I have gotten everything to process with no errors but the events are still not updating in Google Calendar.

Roman_Malynovsk

Hi Adam,

Here are screenshots of all steps and the fields I’ve used.

Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 16.49.05 Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 16.50.01 Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 16.49.12 Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 16.49.20 Screenshot 2020-09-23 at 16.49.40