2434 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erlend_sh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

After spending an inordinate amount of time just fantasising about how wonderful it would be to keep track of something in Airtable, I finally had a legitimate use case for it when I needed a basic budget planner for some Discourse projects.

Sidebar: I’m part of the Discourse team. @Emmett_Nicholas, Jeff told me me your paths crossed at the Smashing Conference so I figured I’d say hi as well :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Anyhow, my experience has been top notch so far.

• The design is beautiful
  • The guided help was indeed helpful
  • Setting “field types” is rad
  • Using “link columns” to reference other sheets is my favourite feature by far.

Top marks to the Airtable team :100: Would (and will) use again.

2 Replies 2
Emmett_Nicholas
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you! We’re all big fans of Discourse as well.

It’s great to know you’ve enjoyed Airtable so far. If you have any feedback, or if the experience ever less than …top notch…, please don’t hesitate to let us know! --you obviously know where to reach us :slightly_smiling_face:

Max_Cordell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I enjoy Airtable too. A powerful database for non-tecchies.
I’m using Airtable at work to log repair call-outs and how long each contractor takes to respond.
Also using it for petty cash, and it’s much easier than the old Excel spreadsheet I was using (I had to keep changing the SUM references as the list of spending increased). Now the SUM is right at the bottom and I can easily filter and analyse spend. All in all, much simpler than Excel.
Personally I use it for keeping track of online purchases. I never realised before how much I spend on inessentials!