cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernard_Toure
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi All,
I’m trying to create a new record in table A when a record appear in View of Table B.
It works the first time a record appears in the View, but no longer after that.
The objective is to generate orders (Table A) when product stock (Table B) fall below a define number (filtered view of Table B).
Sounds that Zapier only detect first time the product appears in the view.

Any one got an idea?
Cheers,
Berni

4 Replies 4

This is standard Zapier behaviour - it automatically deduplicates source data preventing the same record from triggering a zap twice.

I have made a suggestion to Zapier that they enable a feature to turn this off where the datasource is a database query or filtered view (as with Airtable) - but I’m not certain how they will view this idea. It would then rely on the customer using a Zapier action to update the record so that it no longer appeared in the filtered view.

An alternative could be fore Airtable to implement instant zaps (I know of other apps which do this) which I believe use Webhooks to trigger the zap behind the scenes.

Until then, I don’t think this is possible.

I know this is an old thread, but this seems like the same issue that I am having.

I have 3 bases within one account. Each team has their own base. I want to create a master record of the three separate bases.

Right now any time that there is a new record the zap works due to the “New Record” trigger. What I am hoping to find a way to do is to update the master anytime that one of the 3 bases has an update to the record.

Base 1 - Record A gets updated > Associated Record A gets updated in Master Base

Is this possible?

Two possibilities:

1. I should have tested this, but I haven’t; I’m hoping someone with more experience with other SaaS providers will chime in. Zapier is not the only game in town. It may be worth checking out other similar integration offerings (Integromat, If This Then That, and the like; Google ‘Alternatives to Zapier’ for ideas) to see if any happen to handle appearance in a view differently. Again, I have no idea, and I don’t recall any ‘Hooray for [Integrator]’ posts that suggests anyone does things differently — but it could be worth a try.
  2. If you can find a way to create a new record with each update — for instance, instead of a check box, you configure a linked-record field directed to a table with two fields defined: a CREATED_TIME() field and a lookup of the main record’s RECORD_ID(), and for each update timestamp it by creating a new linked record — you can trigger on the auxilliary field and use that trigger to request the main record.

Hey @W_Vann_Hall - thanks for the input here. Just trying to follow what you are talking about here for #2. Could you give an example? In what I am trying to do I am picturing having to create a new table in the Master DB that just has ID and CREATED_TIME - this would then update when the Sub-Base A gets updated and then updated the record with the same ID in the master?