4084 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RnJ
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Anyone using Integromat to send emails based to person in a record based on the status of a record (status = single select drop down)? If so, is there anyway to set a trigger for a new record in a view (like Zapier & Automate) instead of using the timer in Integromat? Problem with the timer is it uses so many operations (monitoring) even when it doesn’t trigger an email.
For example: Say I have 5 status views that trigger different emails depending on status of the record and I have Integromat set to check every 1 minute. That is 300 operations per hour or 7,200 operations a day! The operation would only be triggered between 50~100 times per day.
I understand I can increase the monitoring time or set a schedule to decrease operations, but the status can change at anytime and need the email to go out ASAP.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks

4 Replies 4
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @RnJ

You can look into Webhooks in Integromat. Apparently, it can reduce the number of operations, but you will have to check this out, since I don’t know how it will work for your use case.

Hope this helps.

Mary K

RnJ
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thanks Mary. I was able to get this to work fairly easy with just adding Slack notifications to Airtable then creating a channel for each of my status, then use the Slack connection with Integromat for the instant trigger.

However, now I face a new problem. My triggers (record status single select column in Airtable) get changed a lot and multiple at a time (copy & paste) to instigate the triggers and Integromats sends one record in view at a time (most recent) or all of them in the view (duplicates) on each trigger (depending what my max records setting is per trigger)
So far I believe the only real work around is to add another step to my status (ie. choose “Send Email” to initiate trigger in view, then choose “Email sent Pending Response” to remove from view).

I have tried to create a column in Airtable with number of seconds since last updated status change vs now(), then create filter in view which remove anything over 10 seconds old. However Airtable didn’t refresh fast enough and the last updated status time would be after now() time creating negative seconds :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically what i am trying to do is update the Airtable status (trigger) at anytime & multiple at a time (using copy & paste in Airtable), then send one email for each status changed. It is probably just a simple formula in integromat i need to add to send just the updated records in the view, but i cant figure it out :frowning:

Hi @RnJ

Did you think about also posting this on Integromat Facebook page, too? Maybe someone can can come up with a solution.

I wish I could help more, but I am more at the beginner end with Integromat.

Mary K

Hi,

I actually need to do a similar thing using a Gmail, but you could easily change the Gmail module to Office 365.

I hope this will be helpful!