Help

Airtable + Zapier to autofill asset details (digital asset management)

Topic Labels: Integrations
984 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emma_MH
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

I recently created a digital asset management airtable but I don’t want to have to fill it out by hand - I’d like for Zapier to autofill the metadata of the image such as resolution, file type, etc. There are several issues I’m encountering in my attempt to do this:

1. Ideally I’d like to upload the asset and have the filename autocopy into the Name column. But when I try to make it search for the new record to update it by the filename of the file, I’m getting errors from Zapier.
  2. I’d like as much metadata as possible to autofill but the resolution is one of the most important and what is confusing to me is that Airtable maintains the original resolution but none of the resolution options I can select from in Zapier under the file (it creates multiple thumbnails with different resolutions) are the actual resolution of the picture. The largest is always 3000 x 3000 (even if the image isn’t square) and in one case the middle resolution was the actual resolution but in other cases it seems just random.
  3. Airtable doesn’t give any of the details for video files other than the format so I can’t have it populate much of that.

Any work-arounds?

1 Reply 1
Ivy_Lee
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Maybe a bit late, I wrote a tutorial about how to automatically extract photo metadata - How to automatically extract EXIF metadata from photos in Airtable without code. Hope it’s helpful!