Alternating Row Color for Read-ability

I am entering a bunch of field from left to right. I have several Columns that span from the left to right portion of my screen. Sometimes my eyes betray me and I start looking at the wrong row. I used to change my Excel spreadsheets to a style that altered the row color from white to another light color like blue or grey so that you can easily see the row you are on. I found it easier to follow the row across like this …

Is there a way to do that in Airtable?

I don’t think there’s a way to do this in Airtable. You may want to submit it as a feature request in the Product Suggestions topic.

However, in the meantime, you’ll notice that if you click into a record, that entire row changes its color to a light grey, to distinguish which row you’re currently working on from the other rows.

I, too, would love to have alternating row shading. That would make the tables more usable and accessible.

@ScottWorld I changed the category for this post to move it to Product Suggestions, as the added request from @Marina_Michaels is pretty much guiding the discussion in that direction.

1 Like