cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Corentin_KELOGH
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi !

I am currently trying to upload many images from google drive to airtable, using API (Google Drive API v3 and Airtable API Wrapper).

Sometimes, it works but not always. It uploads the image and displays this image -> Capture

Then, transforming that display into the image (case when it works) or blank (case when it doesn’t work).Capture2

If someone can explain to me how to fix that, I will be very grateful :slightly_smiling_face:

Some precisions : I am working with Google Drive API because I have like 500-600 images and I needed a web repository to upload images with URL on Airtable.

11 Replies 11

Hi @Corentin_KELOGHLANIA, and welcome to the community!

I think you need to read this and this and maybe this.

Hi @Bill.French, thank you for your answer.
I read the 3 extracts you provided to me, and should I conclude there is no solution because it is an issue from airtable ?

I have several clients uploading attachments into Airtable from Google Drive using Integromat, and we have never seen these problems. So perhaps try Integromat and see if it works for you.

Hmm okay, I will check and try that !

Hardley, but using the Airtable API to do it is not likely to make you happy.

Do you think if I use an other repository like Cloudinary, it should work ? or it’s the same issue for all repo ?

I don’t have any data either way concerning whether this is central to the Google Drive service. My hunch is the issue is API bound because a freely accessible file in Drive is fundamentally no different than a freely accessible file in Box, Dropbox, Sharepoint, or Cloudinary. But, you could try.

UPDATE :
I tried with Cloudinary, and there is 0 fail ! All images were uploaded :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s wonderful news, until it isn’t. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you read all of the threads concerning this issue, you will see that the API uploads and properly attaches documents correctly in most cases. In fact, sometimes, I see no errors on client systems for days on end.