cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonquil_Ishway
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Good afternoon Airtable Community Members,

We are a new small business to the Airtable platform. We are in dire need of learning how to integrate our applications. Is anyone able to provide step-by-step processes for application integrations or refer me to this information?

Your review and assistance are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. Have a great rest of the day!

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Jonquil_Ishway.

What sorts of applications are you hoping to integrate with Airtable?

The 2 most popular platforms for integrating Airtable with other applications are Integromat or Zapier. Integromat is the more advanced and more powerful platform than Zapier, but Zapier currently supports more maps than Integromat.

Furthermore, Airtable has an excellent REST API that enables an entire world of apps to communicate with it natively.

Airtable also has JavaScript capabilities built into the product with the scripting block, so you can use JavaScript to communicate with a world of apps as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project, and you need personalized & customized help from an expert Airtable consultant, feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you very much @ScottWorld for your expeditious response. The test item used was through Zapier. However, I have read that Integromat is extremely awesome.

We are attempting to save on financial cost, initially, by integrating the applications on our own with the belief of this process not being too difficult. If in fact we find expert assistance necessary, we will consider your offer. Have a wonderful day!

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Integromat is extremely awesome, and Zapier can fill in the gaps for any apps that Integromat doesn’t support. Of course, Integromat (along with Zapier) also supports webhooks, so you can always send “unsupported app data” to Integromat via a webhook and then move that data into Airtable from there.

Even better, you might want to start by exploring if you can communicate DIRECTLY with Airtable from your external apps by using Airtable’s REST API. Then, you wouldn’t need any 3rd-party middleman software at all.

I certainly will attempt Airtable’s REST API! :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you again for all your help.