872 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake_Barnet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I built a data set to automatically apply a task due date relative to a main project release date, but I’m now trying to apply that function to multiple projects that feed in from a lookup field. I was able to get it to stop ERROR messaging with ARRAYJOIN, but it’s only applying the DATEADD to the first date in the string, rather than applying it to both dates and outputting a string.

Alternatively, I’d love to output this into multiple records to be used like a to do list, but if I can at least get it to apply to multiple dates at once, I’ll be satisfied. Essentially, we have a ton of projects with similar timelines that fall on top of one another and I want to use this to manage the steps across multiple projects at once.

Here’s my formula right now. Adding a 2nd ARRAYJOIN neither fixed or broke my formula so I’m not sure where to go from here. Thanks!

ARRAYJOIN(DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD(ARRAYJOIN({Release Date (from Master)}, ", "), {Less Weeks}, ‘week’), ‘M/DD/YYYY’), ", ")

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the Airtable community!

No, you cannot use DATEADD on an array of dates.

If your base schema has a one-to-many relationship (and not a many-to-many relationship), you pass the number of dates to add down to the child record with a rollup field. Then each child record has a formula field with DATEADD. Then in the parent table, rollup (or lookup) the calculated date.