cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicola_Rudolf
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I have a Projects table and a Tasks table, as laid out in the Project Management demos from AirTable.

When a Project is completed, we check the “Complete” checkbox and that moves it from the Upcoming Projects view to the Past Projects view (which are simply the same tables, but with a filter based on the Complete checkbox).

However, when a project is completed, I’d like for all the linked tasks in the Tasks table to be deleted. Not moved to another place, but actually deleted.

Is there a way to automate this?

Nickie

6 Replies 6
Jacob_Turley
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Using integromat. You could search for all records in that table that have that checkbox set to true, and then delete all the of tasks that belong to that project.

It has a pretty good first free tier, and a lot cheaper than zapier.

Thanks Jacob. You’re right, to do this in Zapier I’d have to pay because it’s a three-step scenario.

I’m looking at Integromat now.

I’ve created the initial step where Integromat watches the Past Projects view in order to see when new records are added.

How do I do the second step that searches for all the tasks that belong to that project?

Nickie

Hi

Integromat has a Facebook page for posting inquiries, such as yours. You can also contact support by email, although, you may have to wait a while to get a response.

MK

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a tool that automatically deletes all records within a view. So you can set any filter combination you like and it will always delete anything that gets added to that view. For example it can be used to delete: completed tasks, old records, empty records, etc.

Automatically Delete Records in Airtable View

Sonia_Moatti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

Is there a way of doing it directly in Airtable (adding a custom script or settings somewhere?).
Like: if records is X days old => delete it.
Or: when I reached the max amount of records for my plans, delete records?

Or should I use Airtable API to GET the number of record then DELETE the ones that I want?
Also, in zapier, I don’t see a task delete (only update/create/search records). Am I missing something? Should I use custom request + Airtable API if I want to use zapier?

You should provide the option to buy extensions individually because $120/month is way too much.

Pipedream have an automation and their free plan would cover most peoples needs https://pipedream.com/apps/airtable/actions/delete-record