cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Lagorio
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All,

I am trying to build out an automated-ish roadmap and resource planning base that will help schedule features based on sprint data and resource availability. I used this base as a starting point: I started with this resource planning base: Resource Planning - Airtable Universe

Here is the google sheet that I currently use to auto-schedule our roadmap: Roadmap Planning Example - Google Sheets The sheet doesn’t account for headcount, but it is easy to eyeball and pencil in. I’d like to use Airtable to autoschedule the roadmap based on feature complexity and then layer in the resource allocation to match.

The problem that I have is

1. Auto-scheduling features based on resource availability. For example, if I’ve planned for Feature A thru E below, and need to plan for the next 5, how could I make Airtable do some based on availability.
  2. Showing overlap in availability if an engineer is double booked. If an engineer is overbooked such as Person 2 below, how can I highlight that or better yet, auto-schedule these features based on sprint start and end dates to avoid the overbooking?

The base consists of three parts:

1. Roadmap - contains features and the allocation record that ties the feature to the engineer(s) working on the feature. Start and end dates of the features are driven based on the associated sprints.

2. Team - All available engineers and associated feature and sprints they are assigned to based on the Roadmap and Allocation table.

3. Allocation - Breaks down the engineer’s feature distribution by row with start and end data for each feature.

0 Replies 0