Automated charts?

Hello, is it possible to create automated graphs/charts in Airtable, for a specific group of records, and have charts automatically generated and sent to an individual, on a regularly scheduled basis, either as a secure dashboard or PDF/image. While we’re able to manually do this using custom views and blocks, we need it automated. Curious if automation can be done with existing features and/or dev scripting.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @MIGHTY_Menopause! :smiley: Unfortunately Airtable’s built-in features don’t include many automation options, especially when it comes to blocks. In fact, I’m not aware of any automation options for blocks. I don’t think that Airtable’s API options can tie into blocks either. You can only operate on record data via the API. However, I don’t use the API myself, so I welcome correction from API-savvy users on that front.

The only option I can think if is to use either integration (Zapier/Integromat/???) or a custom API solution to extract data from Airtable, create a chart using a third-party tool, then send that chart to your desired audience.

1 Like

Hi Justin, thanks much for the reply and pointer. We currently use Zapier and will look into the third-party chart angle. By chance, do you have any preferred data-visualization tools? (Ideally no/low-code)

I don’t currently have experience with data visualization tools myself. Anyone else able to offer suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.