1254 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zeke_Fraint
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve created a Zap to create a calendar event based on a Field (formula) from a filtered View on a specific Base. When testing on one specific event, it works and the event shows up on my calendar. However, it is not creating events for all the records in that particular view. I’m thinking it may be possible that the reason is that the trigger is a new record (even though the test event already exists in the base). Anyone have any ideas on how I can get Zapier to trigger off of all of the existing records in this view and create all the events for those records, as well as new ones I will create going forward?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Noamsay
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Have you tried using the New Record in View trigger rather than New Record?

Zeke_Fraint

@Noamsay That is currently how it is setup…?

I agree with Zeke_Fraint , that is NOT a solution that works with the described issue.

Has anyone figured out how to get Airtable to update Google Calendar with all EXISTING records and create new events in the calendar?

Hi @Steve_Fleck,
As another solution, you can use zzBots to sync your Airtable records to Google Calendar.

It is set up as a full 2-Way Sync between Google Calendar and Airtable, but you can easily change that to a 1-Way Sync from Airtable to Google Calendar if needed.

Once you have the sync set up and running, it will sync over all new or updated records to Google Calendar, and continue to sync them.

To sync over pre-existing records, you can simply add a new field in Airtable, and copy and paste a value into that field for all of the records. This will trigger the bot in zzBots, and all of the records will be synced over to Google Calendar as new events.

After that point, all new or updated records would continue to sync over as new or updated events in Google Calendar.

You can install this here: https://www.zzbots.com/store/etsxGGrfvx5BtXmnt

There will be videos to walk you through the install and set up process, but feel free to chat with support at https://www.zzbots.com if you have any questions.

Disclaimer: I am affiliated with zzBots