Automatically +1 to a record

Hi all,

I have an AT base with numerous tables, one of which is a “Document Master Record”, with a linked table for “Document Revisions”.

At the moment, the revision number is manually entered e.g. 7 for the 7th revision. Ideally, I’d like that to automatically increase as a new record is added (i.e. it is automatically creating Revision 8, the next time a new revision recird is added under the Master Record), but needs to be in sequence for the master record, so {autonumber} isn’t (as far as I am aware anyway) an option.

I had a look at automation too to see if +1 could be added each time a record is created, but doesn’t seem to be an option either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @David_Anderson1 and welcome to the community!

Add a formula field to your records with the revision number to add 1: Number+1
Add a checkbox field.

Create an automation:
Trigger: when a record matches conditions > when checkbox is checked
Action: create record > Number field = formula field from the trigger step (so it gets the next number filled in) + if you like: add other info to be filled in, like document name and/or others

By checking the last version of a document, you now get a new record for a new version with the next number.

Let me know if that works for you.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.