Automatically duplicate rows based on information in form

I’ve created a basic form that allows users to request documents to be created, the form asks for basic information – their name, department information, contact info, etc. As part of the form they can request how many documents to be created. If they request 4 documents to be created, I want 4 rows to be added to the base table, copying all of the information in the form–just doing it 4 times.

In the table, the almost all the columns should be duplicated with the name, department, contact info, etc, BUT, I have 2 columns that allow for the auto increment of document numbers.

Could you provide me with details on how to automatically duplicate rows based on the information provided in a form?

Thanks!

Welcome to the community, @Novita_Rogers! :smiley: Airtable doesn’t have any features that allow for automatic duplication of records. To pull this off, you’ll need to use one or more third-party tools.

If your base is in a Pro workspace, you can add a redirect URL to the form (including the record ID placeholder) that calls a webhook in either Zapier or Integromat, which would read the record to see how many documents to create, and create the records appropriately in Airtable.

If you don’t have a Pro workspace account, you would need to rebuild a new version of your existing form using a third-party tool like Jotform, which would then call either Zapier or Integromat to make the requested number of documents.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.