cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ludom_Initiativ
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!
The wording of the title of this topic is unideal, but this is precisely what I’m trying to do: generate a documentation (pdf or whatever format) of the automations set in the base.

As an example, it is easy to generate a document of all the tables and fields using the following:

for (const table of base.tables) {
    output.text(table.name);
    output.table(table.fields);
}

However, there doesn’t seem to be a way to extract the definition/configuration of automations. Am I missing something?

Best,
Ludo

5 Replies 5

No, you are not missing anything. Automations are a closed system that we do not have access to in that way.

If you need a professional automation platform that lets you document all of your automations by allowing you to export, import, and backup your automations, you can do all of that with Integromat.

This feature is called blueprints, and you can learn more about it here:

Ludom_Initiativ

Hi @ScottWorld
Thank you very much for your answer.
I understand that but sadly I don’t want to integrate yet another tool, I’m actually using Airtable to avoid just that and rationalize many different tools in a single platform. I also wouldn’t want to have to recreate and retest dozens of complex automations into another solution…

Is there a plan on Airtable’s side to enable this kind of feature? It would be really great to be able to easily generate a documentation of these dynamically.

Best,
Ludo

I have no idea what Airtable’s future plans are, but you can always send your feature requests to support@airtable.com.

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey guys, I’m coming across the same thing. I have created some pretty nice automations and would LOVE to be able to document the process for each. That way if I ever left someone would be able to pick it back up quickly.

I’m currently using Sheets, but it’s not pretty!!!

Thanks,

DG

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I can’t imagine this can help anyone, but here’s how I did it… (i’m not sure how to do this, so I’ll post screenshots and a link to the Sheets workbook)

ACTIONS
TEMPLATE
TRIGGERS
3-O
3-R
3RO
S1
S2
2-O
2-R
1-R
2-O