959 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Godel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to use Airtable automations to automatically join data from two different tables into a 3rd table.

In my case I have a jobs table and a companies table. I’d like to have a 3rd table that is a “master” which joins the columns from both tables. The jobs table will have data that is constantly changing. The companies table will have data that will remain static.

Ideally as a new job row record is created another separate new row record would be created in master that can join the new dynamic data added in jobs table with the static data already in companies table.

Is this possible to do within Airtable or will I need to use third party approaches?

In either case any advise would be appreciated. Of course a reference to existing entries in the community is welcomed as well. Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Williams_Innova
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Godel,

My first thought with this is to use the sync feature in Airtable, but thinking about it, is there a specific reason you need a third separate table? I only ask because I believe you could achieve the end result (having a table with jobs linked to the companies) simply by linking the 2 existing tables together. You could use lookups to pull relevant company data into the jobs table and I believe it would achieve the what you need, at least from a data standpoint.

Thanks,
Chris.