2815 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HQ_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, I’m wondering if there’s a way to change single select option automatically. To give a context, we have two tables in a base, one for Sales and one for Inventory. The Inventory table contains both available and sold items. We’ve linked the sheets and used lookup to populate Sales data from Sales sheet in the fields in Inventory sheet (such as Order ID, Order Date, buyer info, etc.) I want the Single select field to change from Available to Sold, lets say when there’s an Order ID for a record. Is there a way to do this, maybe using the scripting block or any other Airtable features. Thanks!

3 Replies 3

A script can easily update the single select field. However, in order to run the script you must push a button, so it is not completely automatic.

Another option is to use an automation with Integromat to update single select field. This can completely automate the task, but it is a bit more complex to setup.

However, if you do not need to be able to manually set single select field, you could use a rollup field instead. The roll field would not have the same look, but you can use emoji to get a colorful effect.

HQ_Team

Hi Kuovonne, thanks so much for your response! I’m not sure I understand how the third option you gave (rollup) would work. Could you elaborate on that please?

A rollup is only an option if you want to calculate the item availability instead of manually setting it.

A rollup field can compare an inventory number in its table with the number of items sold in linked records. If the inventory number is greater, the item is available. If the number of items sold equals the inventory number, then the item is sold out.

The scenario I describe might be a bit different from your situation. If you want to post some screen captures, I might be able to help more.