1258 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobin_Perry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is it possible to automatically add entries to a rolleup? I want to have a running total of income for a particular month.

5 Replies 5

Welcome to the community, @Tobin_Perry! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: You didn’t describe your setup, but it sounds like you’ve got income records on one table, with links from those entries to a single record in another table, which is rolling up the values to create the income summary. Is that correct?

Because rollups are based on links, what you want is to automatically add a link for new income records to that summary record. This can be done by grouping your income records by that link field. By doing so, the group effectively requires all entries to have that link. When adding a new record to that group, Airtable will automatically make the link for you, so that new income entry becomes part of your summary.

Tobin_Perry
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks! You’re right. I have income records on one table and I have a link on a second table which rolls that income up. On the page with the rollup I’d like to have a month by month total of income. It’s something I used to do on Microsoft Access, but it was too easy to mess up.

My hope is that when someone pays me for a project I put the amount on the main spreadsheet. Then the monthly totals update. So if I put a payment from January in there, it automatically updates my January total. Is that possible?

Hello,
You may find this template helpful

Thanks! But don’t you still have to manually add those records in? I was hoping to not have to do that.

Unfortunately yes @Tobin_Perry. But you will have to do it only once. If you copy paste the value from the template, it should not take long.