2366 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apollo_Industri
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m rather new to Airtable but I’ve been playing around with it this week and I’m not finding it easy to do what I want to do. I’ve searched the net and all roads point to using Zapier to copy data from one table to another.

Here is my situation:

I have a table called Scheduled Orders that has the same data every day. Quantities/Prices might increase over time but the idea is to have one master schedule and every day at said time, it will create these order in the Order Board table.

I have not found a way to do this and my Zapier “zap” is not working. I need some help from users who may have done this or something similar before.

Summary:

Select all scheduled orders from the scheduler table.
For each scheduled order, populate on the Orders Table. I need to create a new order each time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jason

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, Apollo Industries! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Yup, that’s what it takes. Could you describe the steps in your zap and how you’ve configured the template for each one?

Apollo_Industri
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Step 1: Trigger on new record
Step 2: JavaScript (see below)
Step 3: Find records in scheduler table
Step 4: Create new records (temporarily I am redirecting these to a copy of the table).

Here is the JavaScript code I’m using

//this code is required to turn the string containing record IDs into
//an array of objects. Because the output is an array of objects the following
//steps will run for each record found.

if (inputData.csString == null) {
var listArray = ;
} else {
var listArray = inputData.csString.split(",");
}
var output = ;
var arrayNos = listArray.length;
var i=0;
do {
var thisItem = new String(listArray[i]);
var thisItemObj = {};
thisItemObj.record = thisItem;
output.push({thisItemObj});
i++;
}
while (i < arrayNos);

Is there a way to upload screenshots? I tried to drag-n-drop and it put the link there. When I go to save, it tells me I cannot upload pictures to the community.

Jason

New users are restricted from doing certain things, including uploading images and posting links. Those restrictions are automatically lifted once you’ve been active for a while.

I’ll likely have to defer to someone else to dive in deeper. I do use Zapier from time to time, but have never done anything in it with JavaScript, and my JavaScript is a bit rusty, so I’m not sure that I understand how that script ties in with the rest of the process.

My preferred integration tool a the moment is Integromat. Based on your description, this could probably be set up in Integromat in just a few minutes, no script needed. If you’re open to exploring that option, message me and I can walk you through it.

@Justin_Barrett

I’m interested in Integromat. I went ahead and signed up for an account. If you could message me, that would be great. I cannot figure out how to message you directly. I feel like a noob…probably because I am new to this forum.

Thank you in advance.

Jason

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built a tool that allows you to automatically copy a value from one field and paste it into another.

Copy Value from One Airtable Field to Another

@Moe, does your tool allow copying a value from a field in one table to a field in another table?

Oh I see. It doesn’t support copying to another table yet. We’ll add that feature!