Automation - "Fields" cannot be converted to string

I am seriously about to pull my hair out.

I have an automation set to create a new record which is triggered when another record enters a view. All is going swimmingly until i try to get the automation to copy the UPC field to the new record. I’ve tried formatting as a number, text, single select… I have other fields that are also formatted in a similar nature, and they are copying over just fine. I don’t see any other characters in the cells.

I might seriously launch my computer across the room!!!

1 Like

Don’t launch your computer! It can be so frustrating when you just need that one thing to work, and it SHOULD, but you can’t see why it isn’t. I can’t count the days I’ve spent on things like that =P

Anyways, I’m not sure if it’s a solution for you but I have a thought you can explore.

In my own experiences playing with the scripting block, automation, ect. I learned that certain number fields are stored within arrays. In those cases, I needed to get the first item in the array rather than the array itself – in order to perform certain functions. Perhaps this is what is happening to you. Not sure if you can see a full log or do a console.log with your current method, but if so – see if your numbers are surrounded by square brackets ‘ie [a]’ and if so they are being passed as arrays.

This topic was solved and automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.