cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nis_Bandd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear Community,

I am looking for an elegant way to streamline and automate a quiet simple process:

After someone makes an order in my Shopify shop, the order data should go out automatically to my manufacturer. It should not go out via Email, but rather be stored in something like an order management system or project management / spreadsheet tool like Airtable, where the manufacturer also has a convenient overview of the orders.

The thing is: I want the manufacturer to see only certain attributes of the order (like personalized text on the sign, or color of the product) and not all the info like price etc.

And then, the manufacturer is supposed to somehow tag the order as “shipped”, so that the customer gets and automated email that the order is on its way.

It is pretty simple, but practically its not quiet easy to realize. For example, Line Items from Shopify do not come out in Airtable. I already read that there is a workaround for this, but it is quiet complicated. Has someone tried it I guess it is also not convinient to lock the view of certain attributes depending on the user role.

I just would like to know what is your experience in automating this kind of workflow, originating from Shopify. Maybe someone already has made an experience :slightly_smiling_face: : Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Mac
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Perhaps upon order, Shopify can send an email to your zapier email inbox that contains the information you need in AT.

Then you can use the formatting Zap to pull the item information into specific fields into AT.

Once it’s in AT, it is easy enough to trigger an automated email using a checkbox that brings the record unto a view that Zapier triggers off of.

Not elegant, but it might be worth a shot.

Stephanie_L
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear @Nis_Bandd,

If you didn’t find a solution yet, I think Actiondesk could help you automate your workflow originating from Shopify.

Hope it helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Not sure if this was available when the original post was written but Zapier now seems to offer a trigger on a new order with line item support:

Must admit I haven’t tried this out myself, but seems like this might give Shopify -> Airtable users what they need.

JB