cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yauhen_Rachkous
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I have a problem with automation trigger on update.
I have configured update trigger on 3 fields: features, nextfeature, scripts.
But when i’m doing an update by API of this table in this way, trigger is firing.

await updateRecord(data.id, ‘Accounts’, {
“last_check_status”: date,
“status”: ‘active’,
});

I’m don’t update the field that i configured to listen. Is there any mistake on my side or it’s airtable’s error?

3 Replies 3

Can you include screen shots of the fields and their configurations and the automaton and its configuration?

Is the problem that the automation is running when the API updates a watched field (versus a user updating a watched field)?

Or is the problem that the automation is running even when the watched field is not updated at all?

The problem is that the automation is running even when the watched field is not updated at all - this option.
Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.38.47
Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.39.29

Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.53.01
Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.52.54
Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.52.48

Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.54.21
Снимок экрана 2021-08-02 в 09.54.16

Thank you for the screen captures.

I noticed that two of your watched fields are lookup fields.

Changes to lookup fields are not included in the record history, but automations do fire when lookup values change (due to changes in the underlying linked record). Is it possible that the changes to your script affect the linked record, which then in turn affects the watched lookup field? Is it possible that other parts of the script or some other automation is causing interference?

Here are some troubleshooting ideas:

• Try re-creating the automation from scratch and see if the behavior persists.
  • Try watching only one field at a time as you run the script to see if you can isolate which field is triggering the automation.
  • Try turning off other automations to check for interference.
  • If all else fails you can contact Airtable support to see if you might have discovered a bug.