cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meredith_Whitf1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi folks,

Airtable noob here. I’m using Airtable for a media tracking project and am trying to create automations to log themes, and I’m struggling.

Here’s an example:

My Primary Field, “Post Text,” is the text of a tweet.

If the Green New Deal is mentioned in that text, I want the linked record “Green New Deal (GND)” to populate in my “Themes” field. Here is how I set that up:

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.32.18 PM

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.34.56 PM

But… nothing is happening. What did I do wrong?

Thank you!
MW

3 Replies 3
Mariah_Gregory

Bumping this back up as I’m trying to do something similar! Did you ever find an answer elsewhere?

This feature seems to be acting very buggy right now.

For some reason, linked record fields are not always updating properly for me, regardless of whether I specify the Record ID or the primary field name. It often results in failure, but not always. Very bizarre.

I was able to somehow get it to work again by re-testing my trigger multiple times. Then, it somehow kicked in and worked.

But this seems very buggy.

I think this shows that Automations is still in beta right now. Before Automations were introduced in Airtable, I created 95% of my client’s automations through Integromat (and 5% through Zapier), so I can definitely recommend those platforms as rock-solid platforms with almost no problems. Integromat is far superior to Zapier though, and has more features & functionality than Zapier does. (Note that I am an Airtable Consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code.)

Meredith_Whitfi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I did not get an answer, sorry @Mariah_Gregory!