Hi AirTablers! (do we have an official name?!?)
I’m finally diving into Airtable after hearing sooooo many good things about it. I’m a huge automation nerd, so I’m excited to dive in.
I run a podcast network with 8 active shows and many more in the works. I have a team of about 8 people actively working on the podcasts with me.
I have a Base set up as a Podcast Master Sheet with 4 tables in it right now:
- Episodes - to see every episode published on in the works. One field is linked to the Podcasts table
- Tasks - I think I want to aggregate info here such as show notes, transcriptions, images, etc. Not sure how to get this populated so everything is viewable (I’m thinking the tasks will actually be better viewed under the Team Members table??)
- Podcasts - list of my podcasts, each episode is listed in the episodes field. I’d like, if possible to see episodes already published vs not published to get a count. I can seem to only see every episode right now.
- Team Members - list of my team members
What I’m trying to figure out is how to automate (if possible) the process tasks:
- When I record something, I can use Zapier to check a box or enter a date when it’s done.
- I’d like to have Airtable/Zapier “tag” the next person to let him/her know their job is ready and give it a due date
- rinse a repeat with tasks getting completed and moved to the next person until the episode is published.
Let me know if you’d like more clarification or need more examples.