cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pam_Neely
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all.

I am hoping to organize my backpacking gear with AirTable. Weight is an important attribute of each item.

What’s the best way to add a field for weight? Ideally, I would like to set up the field so it could calculate both lbs and oz. So 18 oz would recalculate to 1 lb 2 oz.

Is that possible, or should I just keep things simple and record everything in ounces?

Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1
Bestackpacko
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!

Organizing your backpacking gear with AirTable is a great idea, and you can certainly add a field for weight that can calculate both pounds (lbs) and ounces (oz). To achieve this, you can use a combination of two separate fields: one for the pounds and another for the ounces.

Here's how you can set it up:

1. Add a field for pounds: Create a number field and name it "Pounds." In this field, you will enter the weight in pounds (e.g., 1, 2, 3, etc.).

2. Add a field for ounces: Create another number field and name it "Ounces." In this field, you will enter the remaining weight in ounces (e.g., if the total weight is 1 lb 8 oz, you would enter 8 in this field).

3. Calculate the total weight: Create a third formula field and name it "Total Weight." In this field, you can use the following formula to calculate the combined weight in pounds and ounces:show more