cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilio_Paleo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello all!

My team used the Page Designer block to produce summary reports for specific types of equipment inspected in the field. These pages are added to the appendices of a large report. When attaching these pages to the document, we’ve noticed the output from the block are not actually 8.5" x 11" but slightly longer, despite “letter size, 8.5” x 11" being selected. One work around to this is to reprint the output PDF to PDF and force it into a, 8.5" x 11" page but some of the quality is lost so it’s less ideal.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1
AlliAlosa
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I’ve also have experienced this. Even when the page size is set to “Letter”, when saved as a PDF, the dimensions become 9.653" x 12.487".

It hasn’t been a huge problem, as printing with “Fit to Page” selected prints just fine… But if “Actual Size” is selected, some of the document gets runs off the page and clipped.

I just tried a clumsy workaround that worked, but I’m hesitant to rely on it :grinning_face_with_sweat: …

In my case, at least, both the length and width are off by the same ratio. 8.5 is approximately 88% of 9.653, and 11 is approximately 88% of 12.487.

By that scale, if I want to export a page at 8.5" x 11", I should set the page designer dimensions to 7.48" x 9.69". I chose a custom page size in Page Designer, and converted those dimensions into pixels (looks like 1" = 109px).

I set the dimensions to 816px by 1056px, and then saved the page as a PDF. To my surprise, it exported as 8.5" x 11"!

Not sure if this is repeatable… but it’s worth a shot, maybe? Good luck!