625 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LordNikon831
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So maybe this is far more complex than I hope it is.

I’m trying to build a television show format in airtable. I want the first item to be 0:00 (hh:mm:ss) and then to have a duration field where I can put the duration of the segment in, 0:30 (30 seconds).

Airtable would then take that number and make the available start time of the next rows start duration.

Trying to move objects around based on start / end durations, but it would be nice if the start of the next item was the time left off of the object before it.

Can airtable do that without scripting?

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

No Airtable cannot do this without scripting. If you try to do this with linked records, you will get a circular reference, which Airtable does not allow.

Welcome to the community, @LordNikon831! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I posted a script for this last year:

While the promised automation version is still on my to-do list, client work is a much higher priority at the moment, so I can’t guarantee when that version will be available. When it is, though, it’ll be shared in that thread, so I recommend marking it to watch it for updates if that interests you.