14419 26
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I categorized this post under “support” because I suspect it can be accomplished without any additional functionality from Airtable but, if not, it may be more appropriate as a “feature request.”

Is it possible to have a field that calculates the distance (in miles/kil) between two address fields? I am trying to create a base to log miles driven for business since the IRS requires a milage log to take advantage of the “standard mileage deduction.”

26 Replies 26
Christiaan_Huiz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I checked with the Latitude and Longitude coordinates and that provides better results, but not good enough. I guess it shows the distance from point to point as a straight line and thus not via the routes we use to take.

lon and lat getting closer

So the next step is to replace the API, I am curious if this might work.

Nestor_Estrada
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

me gustaría que me ayudaran a desarrollar este flujo con zapier. ya que necesito medir dos puntos de coordenadas y obtener la distancia.

Maeva_K
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to do the same thing. I want to calculate the distance between 2 addresses and I don’t have the coordinates (lat,long)

@Bill.French : Should I copy what you wrote and paste it somewhere ? By any chance would you have a tuto or video of the steps?
You mention the word ‘script’. Should I build a custom app based on what you wrote?
If so, which type of app should it be?

Thanks in advance for your help ! :slightly_smiling_face:

To do this without lat/lng coordinates you can use the Google Map API that allows you to provide the two addresses and Google will figure out the distance for you.

Um, yes, but only if you have the lat/lng coordinates. This code would need to be modified significantly to accommodate your requirements.

Unfortunately, no.

Probably not. A custom app requires extensive React javascript experience and I get the sense this would be outside your wheelhouse. I recommend you find a good developer on this community to build what you need.

Thibaud_Donzier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a database with many places and their coordinates and I’m looking for a script to know all the places within x kilometers from one place.

Do you know if this is possible with Airtable?

Thanks in advance.

Thibaud -

Hello it would be helpful if you can tell me what ‘opt’ value is. Thanks in advance.

It is an unused param to switch between KM and Miles. O think this code was shared with the intent of it being in miles only.