697 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blair_Thornburg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to wrangle my project tracker.

I am a freelance book editor and I use Airtable to track my projects. I have one table where the book title is the primary field, and includes start dates and due dates that I keep an eye on in calendar view, as well as a total page count for the project. This also contains an “author” field that links to another table with all the client contact info. So far, so good.

I have been calculating a “pages per day to do” using the total pages divided by the days remaining until the due date. However, because of other non-editorial gigs, my work schedule isn’t consistent (i.e., I don’t always work M–F) and so the pages per day don’t end up lining up with what I’m actually able to do.

So, what I would like to be able to do is maintain a calendar of “working” days that I can update as my availability fluctuates, have Airtable calculate the number of “working” days between the due date and today, and then use that to calculate how many pages I need to complete each “working” day between now and then. Basically, I am trying to recreate what the website Pacemaker does, but still within Airtable, so that I can have everything in one place.

Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Replies 0