cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayme_Richardso
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!

In my base I have 3 fields where various dates are entered, based on when a client was contacted. Basically a first, second, and third touch point in communication.

I have a fourth field that currently pulls the most recent date based on what’s entered in the other 3 columns. If only the first contact field has a date, then the most recent outreach is that date. If the second contact point has a date, then it assumes that date is most recent. Same with the third contact date… if anything is entered into that field, it assumes it’s the most recent.

My issue is that sometimes, 6 months to a year down the road, the contact points may start over, and that first date may become the most recent date. (But because there are still dates entered into the other two fields, the 4th field assumes they are still the most recent, when they aren’t)

Is there a way for it to calculate within the system which of the three dates is actually the most recent date?

I hope that makes sense!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

That is amazing and worked great! One follow up question - is there a way to remove the timestamp and only have the date?

That formula outputs a date, meaning you can edit the field’s format options to not include the time.

Ah, got it! Didn’t even think about that.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Yasutaka_Ito
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Jayme_Richardson, the following formula will work. Please note, “First”, “Second”, “Third” are the field names. Also, it assumes that you have a process where dates are entered into the fields chronologically.

IF(Third, Third, IF(Second, Second, First))