1564 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleksandr_Nikit
5 - Automation Enthusiast

What timezone is used by Calendar View and\or how to change it?
Can’t find this in documentation so far. Using Pro plan, if it matters.

My use case: I have an ‘events’ table and I want to make 2 calendar views for US and for Europe and be able to (re)schedule events by dragging on both views

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, @Oleksandr_Nikitin!

Time zones can be very tricky to work with in Airtable!

That’s why I created this sample time zone base & training video to help you completely master time zones in Airtable:

Hm, that’s a nice one! And a nice workaround, as well. However, only the “official” TZ is ultimately draggable, so it does not answer my question directly

Oleksandr_Nikit

I’m thinking of using N+1 date fields (N local + 1 ISO), and an automation that compares which one effectively differs from ISO and overwrites all others. Not sure it won’t start running in circles though ))

Yeah, you can’t drag formula fields.

As long as your GMT option is turned OFF, and as long as you’re ALWAYS typing in times of your events as the LOCAL TIME TO WHERE YOU ARE AT THE CURRENT MOMENT WHILE DOING DATA ENTRY, then you’ll only need one calendar — because Airtable will automatically update the time to reflect everyone’s time zone (based on where they’re logged in from).

Oleksandr_Nikit

Loosely related, in case it would help someone who also stumbles on it, to subscribe to Airtable calendar on iPhone\iPad, you have to create a subscription FROM YOUR MAC (not icloud website, not the iphone itself)

No, that’s not true. Just go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar.

Also, most calendar apps will let you add a subscribed calendar as well.

Sadly, no.

1. This will add a calendar just on that device, and you’ll have to add it everywhere else manually as well
  2. Sometimes, you’ll get an error saying “subscribed calendar already exists” even when you clearly can’t access the calendar from that device (ridiculous, I know. Spent half a day trying to figure this out today)

You really have to start with OS X first if you want to use native Apple calendar.

Right, that’s all I was giving you instructions on how to do. You didn’t originally mention anything about simultaneously adding that calendar across all of your devices, although it’s interesting what you have discovered in those regards!