cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kendrix_Lima
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a daily schedule that’s broken down into 15 - 60 minute modules. The calendar view works great when I’m looking at records for entire days, but when I want to visualize more detailed days it ends up looking like this:
image.png

Is there any way to alter the vertical axis to allow a more detailed view? I tried using the timeline blocks but even that ends up looking like a jumbled mess.

Is there something i’m missing or does the calendar view/timeline blocks just not work when records are for such short time frames?

5 Replies 5

Is the issue the fact that in the shorter boxes your title text is truncated so that you can’t see the full text? Is that what you mean by a “more detailed view” - the ability to see all the text?

Kendrix_Lima
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Jeremy,

No i mean the boxes overlap even though the times don’t overlap. So it’s a bit confusing to see overlap.

Ah, I see.

It looks like when you only have a start time, Airtable shows 1hr size blocks by default. So if you have an event that starts 15 minutes or 30 minutes after another, it’s going to create overlap:
image.png

If you use an additional field to set an ending time (which requires a pro subscription), you can get Airtable to show 30 minute blocks at the smallest, it looks like. So a 15 minute difference between event start times is still going to cause an overlap:
image.png

image.png

(“B” and “C” are 15 minute events in this image)

There does not appear to be any way to change this. It may not be helpful in your situation, but an option would be to try subscribing to the iCal with your calendar application of choice (Google Calendar, iOS Calendar, Outlook, BusyCal, Fantastical, etc…) and view your days worth of events that way. Create in Airtable, view somewhere else?

Click on the “Share” menu, and click “iCal Subscription Link”:
image.png

Then subscribe in your Calendar app:

image.png

Just a thought for a potential work around.

Jennifer_Caruso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there, What template is this? This is what I am looking for

Welcome to the community, Jennifer! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: This isn’t a template. It’s Airtable’s default calendar view behavior. With a free account, event lengths default to one hour. With a Pro account, you can specify both a start and end time for events, thereby controlling their size on the calendar.