1501 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_Kunkel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! I’m a new Airtable user and I’m trying to create a weekly camp schedule with multiple views. I created a table with the camper group names along the top and the date/time blocks along the side. I have a table with the program names and I lined the camper group names to the program names and could easily setup the schedule. This will show the schedules for each site. However, I’d like to also be able to see the schedules for each program area with the program areas along the top and the date/time schedules on the left. I’d like to who will be visiting which program area when.
Is this possible? Thank you!!
image|690x329

4 Replies 4

Hi @Karen_Kunkel and welcome to Airtable Community :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You’d have to create a new table with that information and flip everything the other way around. The way you have it setup, there is no easy way to do it.

I think this would be best suited for the Pivot block if you have the Pro version, if not, you can definitely achieve it in a separate table.

I personally would have pulled all the information into rows and then group them together how I see fit. The reason why this would be beneficial is so that you can create new views, such as the one that you suggested with very little effort

If you’d like, I’ll spin something together tomorrow that you can use.

Question: Why are rows 7, 14 and 21 all blank? Were those left blank on purpose for visual appeal?

Hello!

You are correct! Only for visual appeal.

Thank you for your help!!

@Karen_Kunkel - You’re thinking spreadsheet and we need to get you thinking database. Have a look at this base.

0d41b7239ab01c5f5e8f76a7f7d714f76ba86a36.png

Camp Schedule - Multiple Views - Airtable

Explore the "Camp Schedule - Multiple Views" base on Airtable.

Without knowing too many details, here’s a quick rendition of my initial thoughts. Keep in mind that this assumes that a schedule is a rinse and repeat format (ie Next summer, the schedule would be staying the same with the 1st Mon for Team Blue Heron doing the Aqu-Swim. If not, I would recommend using the actual dates and from there we could create a formula to pull the day of the week

Schedule is your main sheet and it has the various views that you were looking for. Click on the words MAIN VIEW and you will see a drop down appearing that details out the various views that I created for you.

Now in my opinion this setup would only really be viable if your schedule stays relatively static from one season to the next. I say this because it will be pretty labor intensive to get all those entries in the first time, never mind the subsequent times.

Take Two
Another way you could do this is to have one table with each column representing, Day, Team and Activity.

With this one, your columns (or fields) are single select drop downs.
image.png

By doing it this way, you now have the added ability to utilize Kanban view which I think would be of value to you because as things change, you can simply drag and drop the cards from one lane to another.
image.png

Anyways, I hope this added some value. Enjoy :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Thank you very much!!