Help

Can a Page Design (block feature) be added to a field in record?

1289 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erika_Ortiz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to get the Page Design Block to add the design back into that record? and/or add the link?

I see that the Page Design Block overview mentions you can turn them into PDFs. Is the only way to do that through the Printing process? Would love to hear if anyone has found a workaround using Page Design beyond printing.

1 Reply 1

I haven’t tried generating PDFs since early in the beta; as I recall, it was through the browser’s print-to-PDF function… and I wasn’t impressed with the results. I ended up taking screenshots of the PD Block, dragging them into Photoshop, and rendering them from there.

That said, I’ve been quite happy with using Page Designer as a live web representation — both as a static presenter of Airtable fields and in its ‘text-merge’ mode, which allows one to create blocks of text with embedded field values. (I also found a few entertaining Page Designer hacks, as well.)

A number of my Blocks experiments — about half of which involve Page Designer — can be found in my Black Mirror base in Airtable Universe.